The termite is an insect that feeds on the cellulose (or plant tissue) of plants. These insects are highly invasive and can cause serious damage to structures, including wood-framed homes. In this article, we explain how to identify if termites are on your walls.
Things To Look For
Termites are small, black insects that build their nests in the ground. They’re attracted to moisture and can be found anywhere there’s soil or mud: in the walls of your home, in your yard, and even in your pantry. If you notice any of the following signs, it might be time to call a professional pest control:
-Holes appearing in your walls -Termites can create small holes as they move about their nests, but if there are lots of them, then you may see big holes.
-A strong sweet smell coming from the wall -This odor is caused by an enzyme called cypermethrin. It’s also common for termites to leave behind a white powder when they’re demolishing a wall.
-Walls that seem too weak or flimsy to support their weight -Termites build their nests on solid surfaces, so if the surface they’re on begins to buckle or sink, it’s probably because termites have taken up residence there.
Biggest Warning Signs Of Bugs In Your Walls
If You’re Noticing Any Of The Following Signs, It’s Time To Call A Professional:
1. Dirt, leaves or other debris on the surface of your walls – Termites like to build their homes in the dirt, so if there is construction material or leaves all over the surface of your walls, it’s a sure sign that termites are present.
2. Discoloration or color changes in your walls – If there is any change in color or texture of your walls, that means termites have been at work. They can cause damage by eating away at the concrete, wood, or other materials near the wall.
3. A strong musty odor – This is another sign that termites may be present. Termites excrete a musty liquid that they use to build their nests and Layers of protection around them. If you notice an intense odor coming from your walls, it’s time to call a professional.
What Do These Signs Mean?
Termites are a common and destructive pest in the United States. They can cause extensive damage to buildings, furniture, and electrical systems. While termites are not always easy to spot, there are some telltale signs that you may have a problem. In this article, we will discuss some of the most common signs that termites may be present on your walls.
What Do I Do If I See These Signs?
If you see any of the following signs in your home, it’s time to get your termite inspection started:
1. Walls that are bowed or sagging
2. Dirt or mud accumulated on the outside of walls near the foundation
3. Dark spots on drywall
4. rumbling or shaking noises from the wall when touched
If you’re like most homeowners, you probably spend a lot of time worrying about termites. You may have seen them on TV or the news, and you know they can be destructive pests. But what do you do if you think there are termites on your walls? Here’s how to identify termite’s presence and control Them to take if so.